No Products in the Cart
CHLORINE, CHLORAMINE & HEAVY METALS
Do not exceed the treatment directions or dosage as indicated or it will harm fish and plants.
AQUARIUM BASICS MEDICATED CARE:
When adding any form of chemicals whether it is medicated or water treatment great care must be taken to insure that you do not harm any plants or fish. Make sure that you correctly diagnose the given problem and treat it with the correct product. Most aquarium treatments take time to take effect. Do not be tempted to exceed treatment instruction to speed up cure. It will have the opposite effect. Be patient and give it time.
Most of us are aware of the normal culprits that poison aquarium water, the likes of Ammonia, Nitrites, Hydrogen Sulfite and the less common CO2 poisoning. Home tap water may contain Chlorine, Chloramine and small amounts of heavy metals depending on where the water is from.
CITY WATER: Most tap water (city water) is treated with chlorine/chloramine to make it safe for human consumption. Unfortunately, our wet pets do not appreciate that. Chlorine/chloramine poisoning has similar signs as associated with nitrite and ammonia poisoning. Chlorine/chloramine irritates the gills and blocks the oxygen carrying cells, again leading to suffocation. Additionally to the fish gasping for air, a chlorine odour can be detected. Chlorine/chloramine can kill all fish within 24 hours.
TEST WATER HARDNESS:
High concentrations of heavy metals can lead to a sudden fish death without any warning signs. The degree of heavy metal toxicity is dependent on the water hardness. Test tap water's hardness before adding to the aquarium prevention in this case is better than cure.
OVER MEDICATED AQUARIUM:
Some medications and aquarium additives contain copper; they have to be used with caution and should not be used over an extended period of time. The build-up of copper in the aquarium will ultimately kill your plants and fish.
Maxaqua is used to neutralise chlorine in tap - water. 10ml treats 200 litres of water. Maxaqua can be used in both freshwater and marine aquaria.
Whenever changing water, topping up or establishing a new aquarium or pond, add one drop per litre of water - 1ml per 20litre. New Improved heavy metal removal formula.
Handle with care. Keep out of reach of children and uninformed persons. Avoid skin and eye contact. Wash with running water. Eye contact wash with running water for 15 minutes. Harmful if swallowed. If swallowed, induce vomiting and seek medical help immediately. Do not overdose since product overdose is toxic to fish.
STORAGE: Keep in a dry place at room temperature.