No Products in the Cart
AquariumSmiths Dewormer is an anthelmintic (anti-worm) medication that is safe in aquaria and effective against many internal parasites, especially nematodes when used in appropriate dosages.
It does not harm the bio-filter, plants, invertebrates, or uninfected fish. As an added benefit, it boosts the immune competence of fish.
The active ingredient is absorbed through the gut, can also be absorbed through the skin, and is distributed throughout the body. It affects the neurotransmitters and paralyzes the worm (spastic paralysis). The fish then passes the inactive worms. After treatment, good gravel vacuuming is advised to remove the paralyzed (but still live) worms. It is not ovicidal, which means it will not affect eggs already present, but it will affect the larval stage of the worm. To ensure complete eradication of the parasite treat again after the remaining eggs have hatched.
Absorption is systemic within 3 – 4 hours. Within three days 70% of the medication will be gone from the fish via its excretory system. Your fish will have metabolized the vast majority of the compound. The remainder can be removed by water changes and/or by adding activated charcoal to your filtration system.
- Determine the appropriate dosage for your tank.
– 1 ml / 20 drops per 50 litres
– 1 ml / 20 drops per 100 litres.
- Treat with the lights off for 24 hours.
- Do a 30% water change and vacuum to remove the paralyzed worms in the substrate.
- Treat again in 4 days.
- Repeat steps 2-4 after 2 weeks.
- Repeat treatment after 2 months or when buying new fish.