Red Seas Reef Mature Pro is a complete step-by-step program that prepares a new marine aquarium for the long-term success of an artificial reef.
Typically the preparation process that is often called cycling establishes a thriving colony of aerobic nitrifying bacteria that convert the toxic waste products to nitrate. This program however completes the biological maturation process by also establishing thriving colonies of anoxic (de-nitrifying and phosphate harboring (PHB)) bacteria. Furthermore, the program provides the necessary conditions that will promote the growth of coralline algae and other microfauna found in live rock and within a sand bed.
The complete reef maturation program, which requires a period of 21 days, will result in a fully matured system that will be biologically ready for stocking all animals including delicate SPS corals.
This manual provides detailed daily instructions for implementing the program. A detailed explanation of the biological processes in the maturation process and tips for implementing the Reef Mature program can be found on Red Seas website.
- This kit includes all supplements you need to mature the system. Do not add any other supplements or livestock (dead or alive) until advised to do so as part of the program.
- The Reef Mature program requires the use of accurate test kits for measuring pH, KH, Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate. All of these tests with the appropriate level of accuracy can be found in Red Seas Marine Care Test kit.
- Nitro Bac is a concentrated blend of nitrifying and de-nitrifying bacteria spores to seed the live rocks, substrate, and bio-media in a new tank.
- Bacto-Start is a balanced blend of nitrogen and phosphorus components that simulate the natural waste products of an active aquarium, enabling a controlled development of aerobic and anoxic bacteria.
- NO3:PO4-X - a unique complex of carbons and other organic bonded elements that are used by anoxic bacteria for the accurate control of algae nutrient (nitrate and phosphate) levels.
- KH-Coralline Gro is a concentrated marine buffer complex, fortified with the specific minor and trace elements that promote the growth of coralline algae and another beneficial microfauna. Note: Coralline algae and microfauna will only develop if they are introduced to the system such as on live rocks.