NEXGARD Spectra is a beef-flavored chew available in five sizes adapted to dogs and puppies according to their weight. It is a broad spectrum oral treatment for the prevention and control of flea, tick and mite infestations, prevention and control of adult roundworms, hookworms, whipworms and prevention of heartworm infestations.
This all-in-one chew prevents against adult Spirocerca lupi in the oesophagus (with reduction of egg shedding) in dogs. NEXGARD Spectra contains the active ingredients afoxolaner and milbemycin oxime and is safe for use on puppies from 8 weeks of age, provided they have a minimum weight of 2 kg.
- Starts killing fleas about 30 minutes after administration.
- Kills ticks within about 48 hours after administration.
- This product can be used as part of a treatment strategy for Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD). Consult your veterinarian.
- For the treatment of demodicosis (caused by Demodex canis).
- For the treatment of mange mites: sarcoptic mange (caused by Sarcoptes scabiei) and otodectic mange (caused by Otodectes cynotis).
- The safety of NexGard Spectra has not been established during pregnancy and lactation or in breeding dogs.
- For optimal results, regular monthly administration must be done.
Method of administration:
For the treatment and prevention of tick and flea infestation in dogs:
- Administer the chewable tablets appropriate for your dog’s weight at monthly intervals. Because dogs find NexGard Spectra palatable, the product can be offered to the dog by hand. Alternatively, chewable tablets can be added to a small amount of dog food, or dosed manually.