Hikari Bio-Pure FD Daphnia 12g
These small planktonic crustaceans are a great natural source of algae and also act as an excellent laxative for fish. The small size makes them ideal for almost any tropical fish and also as part of a reef feeding plan. Our pharmaceutical-grade freeze-drying techniques allow us to give you a product as close to fresh daphnia as humanly possible. Expect color, texture, and taste not previously available in freeze-dried food.
An Excellent Live Food Alternative
- Free of harmful parasites and bacteria
- An excellent natural source of fiber for your aquatic pet
- A necessary element of the aquatic food cycle of life
Bio-Encapsulated Multi-Vitamin Rich
- Makes vitamins available to your aquatic pet that the live animal would not offer
- Gut-loaded to ensure each bite contains what we know your fish need
- Encapsulated to avoid utilization by the daphnia before freezing
- Lower moisture levels mean more food by weight
- Nitrogen charging reduces the chances of oxidation
- Lower actual cost per feeding than competitive products
Excellent For Use During Medicating
- Use as a delivery agent to administer medication by soaking the food in water mixed with the medication you intend to use. This process speeds recovery by helping the fish ingest the medication more rapidly
- For five days after your medicating routine is complete use Bio-Pure® FD Daphnia to help cleanse the fish's digestive system and speed recovery
- When fish won't eat anything else, they normally will eat Bio-Pure® FD Daphnia
Provide as a treat up to three (3) times daily the amount your aquatic pet will completely consume within a minute. For additional feeding options, ask your aquatic retailer about other specialized Hikari® diets including Bio-Pure® Frozen and Bio-Pure® FD providing cleanliness and quality beyond compare!
Ideal For: Freshwater and marine environments, fry and other small-mouthed fish, egglayers, livebearers, inverts, and smaller marine fishes too.
Because we care: Hikari® Bio-Pure® FD products never contain artificial colors or preservatives. Use before the best-before date guarantees the contents meet our rigid quality standards. After opening, please keep the container out of direct sunlight, high heat, or humidity as this can cause the contents to degrade rapidly. For maximum success, the contents should be used within 90 days of purchase and be kept tightly closed when not in use.
Please note: Handling freeze-dried food that is derived from a live animal can cause the same allergic reaction possible by handling the live animal itself. To avoid potential problems, always wash your hands immediately after use and avoid contact with your nose, eyes, and mouth.